Sunday, September 18, 2016

Post #2 Dupe Sunday

Hey You guys! I'm here with a dupe. 

"What's a dupe???" Well a dupe is something that is similar to something else, but is different. A substitution.

Now, I'm sure you've all heard of Kylie Jenner's new makeup line "Kylie Cosmetics". If you haven't then you've obviously been living under a rock. Well her lipkits are the hype right now. In the lipkit you get a matte lipstick, and a lipliner to match it. Now this retails at about $29. You can also just buy the lipstick by its self for $17, or buy the lipliner alone for $14. You can only purchase Kylie's products from her website Kylie Cosmectics . Shipping is $8.95. So if you purchase a lipkit, it's gonna cost you around $37.95 for one kit. I know what you're thinking... "damn near $40 for just one lipstick and a liner??? Hell no." Technically, high end liquid lipsticks are usually around $18-$23. So with hers being priced at $17 for one, you're actually getting a pretty decent deal. 

The dupe I have for you guys is Kylie's matte liquid lipstick in the color "Ginger" and Anastasia Beverly Hills matte liquid lipstick in the color "Ashton". Here's a picture of a swatch below on my skin. Ginger is on the top, and Ashton is on the bottom. I also included a picture of the swatch with flash and without so you can get an idea of the true colors of the lipsticks.




Both lipsticks are pretty close in color. Ginger has a tad bit more red in it though. I like them both. But If I were to choose, I'd choose Kylie's Ginger. I really like the formula of her mattes, it doesn't leave my lips super dry or crusty like how other mattes do. Now don't get me wrong I like the formula of ABH's liquid mattes, but they are a little drying. I just prefer Kylie's. If you're wanting to get one, ABH "Ashton" is gonna run you about $20. You can get it at Ulta, Dillards, Sephora, or the websites for those stores. You can also get it straight from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Website . As mentioned earlier, Ginger is gonna run you $29 + $$8.95 for shipping if you want the lipkit, or if you just want the lipstick it's $17 + $8.95 shipping. So if you can't get your hands on Ginger (her lipkits sell out within MINUTES!!!) then Ashton is definitely a perfect dupe. or vice versa (ABH liquid lipsticks seem to sell out pretty quick also). 

Hope you enjoyed this dupe!





No comments:

Post a Comment